Shri Wagheshwar Gramvikas Pratishthan, Mandavgan Pharata was established as an experimental and pioneer institute, a dream project in the field of higher education in the rural area, under the able guidance of Hon’ble Shri Rajiv Vasantrao Pharate Patil, a founder president and chairman of the institute in 2008. Shri Wagheshwar Gramvikas Pratishthan, Mandavgan Pharata with its preamble, ‘Dnyanadhinam Jagatam Sarvam’ meaning ‘imparting knowledge is everything in the world’, is an educational organization catering to the educational needs and requirements of the rural students, rendering academic, social and cultural services to its stakeholders with the prime objective of making the students confident, responsible, reflective, self-reliant, research-oriented, sustainable and competent enough to face the challenges of the fast-changing competitive world.Since its inception, the institute has been rigorously striving to nurture and strengthen the academic, social and cultural environment of Mandavgan Pharata and its vicinity through various academic, social and cultural activities and programmes.
The institute, as its stepping stone, started Shri Vasantrao Pharate Patil Arts, Commerce and Science College in 2008 and introduced Bachelor of Business Administration(B.B.A.), Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.)and Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) (B.Sc.(C.S.)) programmes in 2009. Considering the needs and requirements of the students from the area, the institute launched two courses – Bachelor of Arts(B.A.) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) in 2012. The Institute also started ‘Shri Sharadchandra Pawar Public School’ in the year 2012.The institute also started Loknete Shri DadaPatil Pharate College of Pharmacy in 2015 with the intake capacity of 100 and Pharate Patil College of Pharmacy(Diploma) in 2018 with the intake capacity of 60. Considering the needs and requirements of the students Institute started M. Pharmacy in the year 2020 and ‘Pharate Patil Industrial Training Institute’ in the year 2021.
Our vision is to impart quality higher education to the students, girl students, in particular, from the rural area and to train and develop the youth as responsible citizens with multidimensional personalities significantly contributing to the building of our nation.
- To start educational institutions such as pre-primary, primary, secondary and higher secondary and ashram schools, D. Ed. and B. Ed. colleges, night school and college, technical, paramedical and engineering colleges, D. Pharmacy and B. Pharmacy, Institutes of computer training and medical research as well.
- To make the facility of quality higher education available to the students, girl students, in particular, from the rural area and to train and develop the youth as responsible citizens.
- To give full support to the poor and orphan children by giving them educational scholarships, free books and other educational equipments and by giving them free access to libraries.
- To introduce and effectively conduct adult education programme.
- To give medical help to poor and the needy, conduct health awareness camps, provide mobile hospitals and health services and blood bank services.
- To start educational institution for the specially disadvantaged students and to give them required instruments and appliances.
- To promote and strengthen scientific education and research culture at Mandavgan Pharata and its vicinity.
- To make the facility of hostels available to needy ladies, children and widows.
- To start orphanage for the children of widows.
- To organize faculty development programmes leading to the improvement of the quality of the institute.
- To establish and strengthen linkages with various bodies and agencies such as firms and industries, academic and professional institutions, and NGOs for better higher education and placement opportunities to be provided to the students.
- To highlight the importance of human rights and responsibilities leading to the strengthening of nationalism among the students.