Shri Wagheshwar Gramvikas Pratishthan’s ,Shri Vasantrao Pharate Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College,Mandavgan Pharata,Tal-Shirur,Dist-Pune was started in 2009. The college is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune and recognized by the State Government of Maharashtra. The college introduced Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Computer Application and Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) programmes in the year 2010. It launched two courses – Bachelor of Arts(B.A.) and Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com.) in the year 2012.
The college is spread over ten acres of beautiful surroundings between two rivers – the Ghod to the north of the college and the Bheema to the south. It is situated along Mandavgan – Kashthi road, two kilometers away from Mandavgan Pharata, away from the hustle and bustle of the village. It has excellent infrastructure with spacious classrooms, enriched Knowledge Resource Center with reading room and night study facility, well-furnished and well equipped laboratories, a playground, , girls’ and boys’ hostel, canteen and mess.
Our vision is to impart quality higher education to the students, girl students, in particular, from the rural area and to train and develop the youth as responsible citizens with multidimensional personalities significantly contributing to the building of our nation.
Shri Vasantrao Pharate Patil College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mandavgan Pharata, run by Shri Wagheshwar Gramvikas Pratishthan with the preamble, ‘Dnyanadhinam Jagatam Sarvam’ meaning ‘imparting knowledge is everything in the world’, intends to significantly contribute to the progress and development of our nation by making the students knowledgeable and responsible citizens capable enough to face the challenges at the global level through skill-oriented, value-based and career-oriented educational programmes.
Goals & Objectives
- To make required physical facilities, learning resources and the best infrastructure available to the students so as to make learning an enjoyable and fruitful activity.
- To offer the students free access to a comprehensive array of careers leading them to success in their day-today life.
- To create healthy and homely educational environment in the college by bridging the gap among all the stakeholders.
- To develop students as socially responsible, reflective and innovative citizens by imparting them value education through lecture series on the topics of social issues and national interest.
- To achieve all-round personality development of the students through curricular, co-curricular and extensive activities.
- To impart value-based and career-oriented quality education to students by exposing them to new and innovative learning experiences.
- To explore and sharpen the innate hidden talent and potential in the students through academic and other activities.
- To expose the students to the latest trends and developments in the field of higher education. and strengthen the bond between students and these trends and developments.
- To enable the students to be competent enough to contribute to social welfare and national development.
- To encourage all the stakeholders to actively participate in college activities leading to the progress of the students.
- To strengthen tie-ups with various agencies and institutions keeping in mind the fulfilment of the basic objectives of higher education.